Our Thoughts Are Prayers
Prayer is your unique way of connecting with your Higher Self, Spirit, God. When you pray from the absolute belief that what you pray is so, then that prayer will manifest in your life.
God is omnipresence – everywhere present all the time. We cannot make the Divine any more or less present in our lives through prayer, yet we can become more conscious of that constant presence. When we become more conscious of the presence of God, we experience the unconditional love in our lives everywhere.
“Seek and you will find, ask and it will be revealed” revealed through you as an expression of God, not to you from a being outside of you. Spirit want us to have wisdom and we need do nothing to strengthen Spirit’s desire. Ours is to seek contact with the wisdom residing deep within our own soul.
Unity practices affirmative prayer, which is based on simple but empowering spiritual Truths, which focus on our oneness with God and the understanding that God’s will for us is always good. With faith and gratitude we affirm that our needs are met, our prayers are answered and, by the power of the Christ Light within, we are Divinely blessed.
Support & Prayer
If you are facing a challenge, Unity stands ready to support you with prayer. Prayer is available in the following ways:
• Before and after Sunday services, we are present and available to pray with you upon request.
• Call the office at 541-388-1569 and leave a message that a Prayer Councilors call to pray with you.
• Fill out a Prayer Request Form if you would like to be the Prayer Council’s monthly prayer list.
• Call Silent Unity, the worldwide prayer ministry, is available 24/7 at 1-800-NOW PRAY.
• Download uPray, the free mobile pray app from Silent Unity.
Click Here for more information on Silent Unity. Someone is always praying there, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Whenever you want prayer support, whatever your request may be, they are there to pray with you. All requests are enfolded in continuous prayer for 30 days, held in strictest confidentiality, and treated with reverence and respect.
Prayer at This Community
Our Community is founded on the following beliefs:
• We behold the good and sacred in all.
• We affirm the Presence of Spirit in all situations.
• We acknowledge that all are worthy of love, peace and prosperity.
• We will pray with anyone who asks for prayer.
All of our Prayer Councilors here at Unity Community of Central Oregon are trained in the Silent Unity prayer method and are honored to pray with anyone who asks. Our Vision Council holds this Community in prayer and vision; that is their primary responsibility. Leaders have Prayer Partners and we offer this to all who attend our community. We give time for prayer requests at our Sunday Celebration Services. For those indicated they want a response, we pray with them and send the prayers on to Silent Unity where they are prayed with for 30 days. We pray and meditate in classes, meetings and on Sunday. In conflict situations, our leaders make decisions through prayerful discernment. We provide prayer and meditation classes.
Our Children lead us in the Prayer of Protection at the end of every Sunday Celebration Service.