Unity Community of Central Oregon
Located on the outskirts of Bend, Oregon, a spot with the air of yesteryear, where strangers greet you warmly, and animals in nearby pastures remind you of your essential place in the web of life. A one-room school house calls your children to learn and grow in spiritual ways – learning to meditate, cooperate, lead and cherish their own amazing beings.
Here a community gathers to understand and acknowledge, in an open-hearted way, the nameless light and the power that animates everything. A foundational belief in Oneness means people here strive to live the Golden Rule, every day of the week. Blame has no place, for everything we see is a reflection of thoughts held in our minds. Acceptance of each person, right in the stage of development was on at, of the value aspired to and every week we make that a practical reality by enjoying a potluck meal together.
Our minister, Rev. Jane Meyers Hiatt and our associate minister, Re. Jim Pasmore are both ordained Ministers of Light. Rev. Jane, who is also a counselor and hypnotherapist in private practice for the last 20 years, is continuing her education through Unity Worldwide Ministries of which we are a member.
Our Community is dedicated to leadership by Spirit first and our organization structure reflects this:
- Prayer Council: Prays with all who ask
- Vision Council: A nucleus of the Prayer Council, these members hold the vision for our center and also discern where we will tithe to in the world community each month. Members are not elected to these councils, they just need the desire and dedication to prayer and to our vision, and to attend the basic prayer training.
- Executive Board: Dedicated members who guide our center in practical and financial matters.
Commitments of Our Community
We behold the good and sacred in all.
- We affirm the presence of Spirit in all situations.
- We acknowledge that all are worthy of love, peace, and prosperity.
- We will pray with anyone who asks for prayer.
Some areas of this community’s culture that may not be obvious to you:
- We are dedicated to replacing ‘duty’ with passion and joy. Passion and Joy are inevitable when Spirit is guiding us and results in a light hearted energy rather than a heavy sense of burden
- If you have something you would like to see at our Unity, you are empowered to make it happen as pond as it is in alignment with our vision. Just talk to our minister or any one of our leaders.
- We have been dedicated to youth since the first service we offered.
- We give 10% of all money that is given to our Community to where we are spiritually inspired.
- We commit to practice love in all our relationships so when concerns and conflicts arise in community, we address those concerns directly and lovingly.
- We are focused on world healing and offer resources to congregations and individuals outside of our immediate community. For example, we have created a CD od original chants, a multi-media prosperity program, and we offer our weekly talks online.